What can I say about the new reboot of this 80’s classic? Not much honestly so here are the cliff notes.
- Chris Hemsworth is comedic gold in this, and the film is worth watching just for his character’s stupidity.
- The CGI ghosts are really beautiful and I can picture a haunted house filled with these ghosts at an amusement park.
- Dr Jillian Holtzman (Kate McKinnon) is strange and odd, and kind of off putting at times, but also the best character.
- The plot is kinda meh.
- The are some funny zingers in there, but they lacked the timing of the original film. In fact, most of the dialogue is awkward and I rolled my eyes a lot.
- Most of the credits/post credits scenes should have been in the film and not in the credits. I didn’t understand the need to put so much in the credits when it would have been better placed in the story line.
- The villain is the lamest villain in the history of villainy.
- The film isn’t creepy at all. The original had moments of ick and some minor scares, but this adaptation has nothing creepifying at all.
The film is at times hilarious, but the flavorless plot puts a dampener on most of the fun, and ultimately, it’s not all that memorable.
Watch if you liked Ghostbusters 1 & 2